Some of my drawings

Go down

Some of my drawings

Post  Girl4God on Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:59 pm

Here are some of my drawings that I've done within the past month. BTW, I have a really hard time on hands so some of them won't look to good. Constructive criticism is welcome! I've been drawing anime style for about 3 months now. Here are some of my newest and favorites:

This one I'm currently working on. Its not finished yet
https://2img.net/h/i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc21/Girl4God2/Picture032.jpg

I had a hard time drawing the hair on the girl in the middle
https://2img.net/h/i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc21/Girl4God2/Picture030.jpg

It took me a LONG time to draw this one. It is of a sailor moon type team that I made up
https://2img.net/h/i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc21/Girl4God2/Picture026.jpg

It was fun to think up costumes for these girls
https://2img.net/h/i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc21/Girl4God2/Picture022.jpg

This is my newest finished drawing
https://2img.net/h/i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc21/Girl4God2/Picture021.jpg

This one is my second to newest finished drawing (and its one of my favorites)
https://2img.net/h/i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc21/Girl4God2/Picture019.jpg
Girl4God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some of my drawings

Post  PrinceElvin on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:55 am

I looked at the pictures first, then what you said, and I thought it was great. I didn't even notice anything wrong with the hands Smile
PrinceElvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurifiedRuiN on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:00 am

I'm going to go ahead and assume you have experience in other forms of drawing. Either that or you have a natural talent for drawing if you just started three months ago. You draw clothing really well, something I still haven't gotten down Crying or Very sad The only thing wrong I've noticed is that in some of your pictures you make the arms too long. But, other than that I like your drawings, very well done Very Happy
PurifiedRuiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kichiru on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:08 pm

i really like the last one ^^
Kichiru

View user profile http://z11.invisionfree.com/Angels_Shoebox/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Girl4God on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:12 pm

PrinceElvin wrote:I looked at the pictures first, then what you said, and I thought it was great. I didn't even notice anything wrong with the hands Smile

Well thanks:) I do spend a LOT of time on the hands. They're like the hardest things to draw.
Girl4God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Girl4God on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:41 pm

PurifiedRuiN wrote:I'm going to go ahead and assume you have experience in other forms of drawing. Either that or you have a natural talent for drawing if you just started three months ago. You draw clothing really well, something I still haven't gotten down Crying or Very sad The only thing wrong I've noticed is that in some of your pictures you make the arms too long. But, other than that I like your drawings, very well done Very Happy

Well actually I have had some experence in drawing the human form because about 4 years ago I was into drawing female super heroes. But when I drew them they where mostly all in the same position- straight on, not to the side or anything too complicated. Then I stopped drawing them about 2 years back. I didn't really draw that much until I got into drawing anime. I'm just starting to learn to draw characters in more difficult positions ( have a REALLY hard time drawing foreshortening). Yeah, I noticed some of their arms are too long too Neutral . When you draw do you use how to draw books? I use them all of the time for reference. They have really helped me improve. Thanks for the compliments Very Happy
Girl4God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurifiedRuiN on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Girl4God wrote:
PurifiedRuiN wrote:I'm going to go ahead and assume you have experience in other forms of drawing. Either that or you have a natural talent for drawing if you just started three months ago. You draw clothing really well, something I still haven't gotten down Crying or Very sad The only thing wrong I've noticed is that in some of your pictures you make the arms too long. But, other than that I like your drawings, very well done Very Happy

Well actually I have had some experence in drawing the human form because about 4 years ago I was into drawing female super heroes. But when I drew them they where mostly all in the same position- straight on, not to the side or anything too complicated. Then I stopped drawing them about 2 years back. I didn't really draw that much until I got into drawing anime. I'm just starting to learn to draw characters in more difficult positions ( have a REALLY hard time drawing foreshortening). Yeah, I noticed some of their arms are too long too Neutral . When you draw do you use how to draw books? I use them all of the time for reference. They have really helped me improve. Thanks for the compliments Very Happy

Reference is key, you can't draw something you don't know how to draw now can you? I started out exactly like you, the person who taught me how to draw was really into the comic book style, like Captain America and what not, so that's what I started to learn. Back then though I wasn't afraid to do any pose I could think of, even if it came out looking retarded (which it did 99.9% of the time) But, as I got older I was sick of things coming out like crap even though I was practicing a lot. I got discouraged and just stopped drawing seriously for a few years. I always had the urge to pick up drawing again, but I just shrugged it off until a few months ago. So now I find myself drawing almost every day. And yes, I do have a lot of how to draw books, one especially for anatomy as well, which I suggest you look into, it will REALLY help down the road. One suggestion, you should work on drawing stick figures in different positions. I'm sure one of your how to draw books has what I'm talking about in it, because I wish I had a better word for it than stick figures, but it's basically what it is. Laughing
PurifiedRuiN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Girl4God on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:44 pm

Yeah I defenitly know what you're talking about with stick figures. I do have books that tell you about them. I don't really practice on just plain stick figures that much but I should.
Girl4God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiroune on Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:11 pm

they all remind me of sailor moon. I did like that last one though. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I draw many characters with animal ears.
Shiroune

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down