How To Draw Anime Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you like anime art?

+9
D-Pad
remenicse
Admin
Jizzy
Andaleeb
Ukon Kun
Puu
PurifiedRuiN
art1st
13 posters

Go down

Why do you like anime art? Empty Why do you like anime art?

Post  art1st Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:00 am

Ok guys; a few days ago my friend asked me 'Why I like drawing anime' I was clueless on how to answer him. I was sort of curious why I liked drawing cutsie wutsie pictures and why I continued to draw anime. I guess I like to draw anime because of the way it appeals to me aesthetically.

I would like to know why:
1) You 'like' to draw anime, how does it appeal to you
2) What inspired you to draw anime
3) What makes you want to continue drawing anime

Any possible explanation would be awesome, so I can sleep better at night Very Happy

Feel free to say anything you like.

art1st

Back to top Go down

Why do you like anime art? Empty Re: Why do you like anime art?

Post  PurifiedRuiN Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:38 am

Well, it is an interesting question. I didn't start out drawing anime, the person who inspired me to draw started to teach me the marvel comic book style. But, ever since he left my school (he was my art teacher) I was kind of left wandering around to each style I found interesting. My best friend introduced me to anime and ever since then I've been hooked. I don't usually draw any kind of "cutsie" pictures. The thing that appeals to me in anime is how the evil characters are portrayed. I just always seem to cheer for the bad guys because to me, they are more interesting.

Another thing I've found interesting about anime is that it's simple yet beautiful. Sadly, most of the time I can't stand seeing a clean drawing. What I mean by that is a drawing with no shading or any kind of detail, just neat and fine lines. There is nothing wrong with drawings like that, but it's just a personal preference to have a lot of detail, which is why my style isn't really anime/manga. Well, I'm going to stop before I deviate too far from the subject matter.
PurifiedRuiN
PurifiedRuiN

Back to top Go down

Post  art1st Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:39 pm

A very engaging response there. Thanks for replying Very Happy

art1st

Back to top Go down

Post  Puu Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:42 am

Well I don't know why either its just how they designed the characters. How most of the anime has good plots. How much details they have. I think thats it... Anime is just MY LIFE! I cant go without it... for some reason its goes like this for me 1st family 2nd is anime 3rd is friends >_> but second can be watching anime with my friend justin cuz we both love it
Puu
Puu

Back to top Go down

Post  art1st Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:13 pm

You put anime in front of your friends. Shocked

Your right; I do like how they design the characters and how much detail the artists' have put into them, as well as the way they are portrayed.

By the way, what anime do you watch, if you don't mind me asking?

art1st

Back to top Go down

Post  Ukon Kun Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:18 pm

I enjoy drawing anime because it's unique style of drawing that looks great.

Ukon Kun

Back to top Go down

Post  art1st Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:34 am

Yes, you could say it's a unique style of drawing that has an outstanding finish.
Very Happy

art1st

Back to top Go down

Post  Andaleeb Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:45 am

this is agood subject..
when I saw any animes when I was a child I had dream to draw my own anime..
actually I wrote many stories and each one I thought in my mind how to put faces in my characters that's why I start to draw anime faces . in the first time ofcourse I don't know how to start ??
I still try my best .. because I'm a college student , I'm always busy and do'nt have time for improve my drawing that's why I still has the same techniqes..
but when I saw this website and the videos in the youtube ..my feelings start again to draw ...thank U alot to allow us join this website and give us another chance to improve our skills...
Andaleeb
Andaleeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Jizzy Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:06 pm

Its the only thing I can draw good. If i was asked to draw something wrong real life I would just turn it into an anime then do my 'thing'.

I also spend alot of my spare time watching anime.

Jizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:28 pm

Compared to traditional drawing, I find anime very honest.
By that I mean traditional arts have some art that are only explainable to certain people.
Whereas anime is something that you can see the skill of the artist clearly.
Anime is also usually accomapnied by story, so it brings the audience to embrace the full personality of the characters.

A Japanese illustrator called gotoP inspired me greatly.
(http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~gotop/) The BEST ART IN THE WORLD

To me it is a way to show what I can do, and you know it is like photo...
you wanna record your skills down on paper,etc. not as words but as art.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.spyre.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  Puu Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:07 am

yes for some reason kinda weird dunno why anime is 2nd then friend >.> maybe they are in betweeen o.O?
Puu
Puu

Back to top Go down

Post  remenicse Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:52 pm

why i like anime huh? well im more of a what if person u know. i like to make stories.in fact im starting my own comic book.i cant really express why i like it so much.i guess ill think about that some more. i guess when i draw its like im making my own story like an adventure and all that.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

remenicse

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Pad Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:04 pm

It's hard for me to explain, so please bare with me. Razz

Well, for me, it's not so much the way it's drawn, as it is the amount of emotion shown through the drawing. Anime has so much emotion that american cartoons don't. You can't really relate to Superman like you can, lets say, Edward Elric from FullMetal Alchemist, because Superman never really shows any emotion. He always has that same "manly" face that so many american cartoon characters have. Edward, on the other has so many different faces, so much emotion. He's not always trying to be big and serious.

Edward:
https://2img.net/h/i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/ownwar8/Edward_Elric.png

Superman:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/justice-league-tas/jl-tradingcard-supes1.jpg

See what I mean? Well, the picture I found of Edward doesn't really justify my post, but it's from my favorite episode, so I couldn't resist. Razz But you can still see more emotion in his face than in Superman's. It's like that with most cartoons, actually.
D-Pad
D-Pad

http://gyrowolf.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  marts Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:45 pm

1) Well i like to draw anime cuz i think it brings out the most beautiful parts of the human body(eyes, hair, etc.) and since im someone who fantasise A LOT, anime is the best way to show my imagination imiges to other people(still havent gotten that far though...) and i think anime has a good future cuz anime is much more appealing to the eye then tradition drawings(ive seen some paintigs that are considered "great" but i think that if some random person would just see that painting without knowing who drew it or whats the idea of the painting - that person watching it would probably just think "is this a painting or was some kid just too borred?" Rolling Eyes but if you look at anime drawings you can clearly see every detail the drawer wanted to show)... plus the girls are cute Very Happy and i agree with D-Pad - anime has MUCH more emotions then other drawings(and theyr much more esey to understad too...)

2) Well when i started waching anime i became an anime fanatic Very Happy so i watched it a lot until i wanted to start drawing cool drawings too... and so i just started drawing anime then when i became even more interested in drawing it i found this site on the internet... and since i live in a country where anime is basicly unknown i would like to draw it to impress people as well(still havent gotten that far XD) and im allso doing a little programming and want to use anime art to make computer games(have notised that there are just a few games that uses anime art? not to mention that some of those games have crappy anime art or just childish... only games with good anime art are Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy games... if anyone knows any other game with good anime art please tell me the name Very Happy)

3) And i want to countinue drawing anime cuz i can see my prograss - you can learn SO MUCH in just 1 day of serious training...(if you look at my posted pictures then the last drawing i have drawn was allso my first drawing with the body and i think its a pritty well drawn cosidering it was made in (at most) 1 hour(i hope im not getting cocky...) )
this drawing:
Why do you like anime art? Tn_7b
Oh and if anyone want to know - when i finished middle school my art teacher gave me a 4(thats a grade XD... and at my country grades are from 1 to 10 where 1-worst and 10-best and 4 means BARELY passing, 3=failing the class) i wonder what would he say now?

P.S. If Spyre or art1st doesnt like me posting my art here then plz tell me so i can remove the sketch...
marts
marts

Back to top Go down

Post  art1st Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:19 am

Wow...a very interesting PERSUASIVE essay right there marts. Very Happy

only games with good anime art are Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy games
Well, I'm not a big fan of Role Playing Games. Final Fantasy; I can't see it as an anime though there are a lot of Computer generated scenes in 7 and onwards, plus the movie.

You can learn SO MUCH in just 1 day of serious training...
Training is such a cliche' word. Though I definitely can see you improving, I remember seeing your art in the old forums. I can definitely see you becoming as good as spyre one day. xD 'Practice makes perfect.' (Whoever made-up that saying)

P.S. If Spyre or art1st doesn't like me posting my art here then plz tell me so i can remove the sketch...
Everyone is welcome to post their art up as long as it sticks with the topic/genre.

By the I don't have a 'Submit your own art' blog because it was on the old forums. Ever since it changed I haven't found the time to re-upload my picture. On top of that I haven't drawn in a while due to exams.

art1st

Back to top Go down

Post  marts Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:31 am

Well, I'm not a big fan of Role Playing Games. Final Fantasy; I can't see it as an anime though there are a lot of Computer generated scenes in 7 and onwards, plus the movie.
Yea sry about the FF i havent really played it yet so shouldnt say anything about it...(the anime art in FF is something ive heard from other people and seen on gameplays)

And i dont know about the word "Training" beeing cleache but i know that after a days of good practise maybe the drawing difference isn't that much sees with the eye but the way you draw, speed, requaiered concentraition and other stuff like that XD changes a lot - that last drawing(allredy posted it in previous reply) was at the beginning a high-speed drawing XD and when i noticed that i kinda start to like what ive drawn so i got a little more precice and in the end added the body...
marts
marts

Back to top Go down

Post  JiJi Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:47 am

I really don't know i love anime and manga a lot. It catches my attention a lot.

One day i decided to draw an image. When i drew that image my sister told me that it was from an anime that she watched on tv. I did not know what she was talking about and she showed me the show. I was surprised by it on how the characters looked very similar in deed.. (i must have remembered the image back in my subconscious.) Anyways after that day I drew that way again and again because it was easy, fun and cute looking. Of course I did not realize this type was called anime and were it was from till later on. It just kinda stuck with me after that.

its a fun easy way to get my ideas down and it looks nice.
JiJi
JiJi

Back to top Go down

Post  hilalaydin Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:54 am

Well..I dont know taht why i like drawing anime.I have just started to draw anime. I think Drawing anime is an expression to feelings. I think big eyes tell the real feelings so clearly.Maybe it can be my reason for starting to draw anime...
hilalaydin
hilalaydin

Back to top Go down

Post  art1st Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:51 am

Yeah them eyes are really appealing aren't they. xD

You just walk by 'see an image with big shiny eyes' and in most cases, people will stop and look at it.

high-speed drawing
That sounds like such a good sport. Well...not sport; I mean challenge. I might try it sometime, after my exams are over. Very Happy

art1st

Back to top Go down

Why do you like anime art? Empty hmmm..

Post  anyanime Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:16 pm

This is a good question... My opinion personally is that drawing anime is a way of expressing feeling of sorts...
My friend is actually who got me started on anime in the 6th grade. She told me to watch Naruto on Cartoon Network that night. So I went home and watched. I was dumbfounded by the pureness of expression in this new art of animation I had never seen before. I was immediately hooked onto it like candy. Naruto is still by far my favorite anime still. I geuss I like it for the very reason that it is a form of art that is able to carry feeling and expression very well. study

anyanime

Back to top Go down

Post  art1st Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:49 pm

My god, it's been a while since I've returned to this forum.

Yes expressing feelings is usually the foundation or many pieces of art.

She told me to watch Naruto on Cartoon Network that night.
Naruto is one of many popular animes on the market. I wasn't really hooked on to it, but one thing in that anime that made me do was wanting to watch it more as the ending on each episode were so open-ended that I had to watch the next episdoe to see what happens. Like it was very hard to predict who was going to win that fight or will that person survive you know? The characters had mysterious backgrounds and powers, making the anime twice as interesting to watch.

One other thing I would like to express, is that; say if you're drawing in school/classroom (I'm still in school D:) and you finish that piece of art, do you leave that drawing behind or do you store it for good memories?

Personally I leave my characters/drawings behind knowing someone else would cherish that picture more than I would, also stirs up the school on who that mysterious artist is xD. There is no use for me storing it in a giant folder if there in my mind xD.

art1st

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down