How To Draw Anime Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need help badly

+5
PurifiedRuiN
remenicse
PrinceElvin
D-Pad
animelove
9 posters

Go down

i need help badly Empty i need help badly

Post  animelove Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:59 pm

k im new to this forum but ive been into anime for quite a while now and i would love to be able to draw some. so i was woundering could anyone give me any tips on how to draw anime??????

ps i cant draw a thing so this is all new and will take a hell of alot of practics.
animelove
animelove

Back to top Go down

i need help badly Empty Re: i need help badly

Post  D-Pad Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:24 pm

Hello. I'm new here as well.

Like you said, lots of practice is the way to go. scratch With that, the understanding of human (or whatever you're going to draw) anatomy, maybe some reference books. That's what helped me, along with sites like polykarbon.com.

Hope this helps some. Just draw as much as you can. And if you can, try and save each drawing, so you can look back years later and see how much you've improved.

study
D-Pad
D-Pad

http://gyrowolf.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  animelove Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:42 pm

k tanks

the type of drawing i want to bass mine on is love hine and chobits and another one which i cant remember the name of atm.
and ill see if i can find some books somewhere
animelove
animelove

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Pad Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Two books that helped me: How to Draw Manga Volume 1 - Compiling Characters and Let's Draw Manga: Bodies and Emotion by Tadashi Ozawa.
D-Pad
D-Pad

Back to top Go down

Post  PrinceElvin Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:31 pm

A good way to start is copying your favorite characters... and I bet someone will add on to this (add on! Twisted Evil )
PrinceElvin
PrinceElvin

Back to top Go down

Post  remenicse Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:47 pm

i kinda nees help too im really heavy handes and my drawings come out too dark or
i always mess up badly.

remenicse

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Pad Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 pm

remenicse wrote:i kinda nees help too im really heavy handes and my drawings come out too dark or
i always mess up badly.

I was really heavy handed at first too. Then, I started using mechanical pencils, and the lead kept breaking, so I lightened up a bit. You may not be THAT heavy handed though. Try using something like a light grey colored pencil or something. Make sure it's easy to erase though.

----
When you copy characters for reference, be sure to note things like perspective, and er... In other words, don't just copy. Try to recreate the picture... Did that make sense?!
D-Pad
D-Pad

Back to top Go down

Post  PurifiedRuiN Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:54 pm

D-Pad wrote:
remenicse wrote:i kinda nees help too im really heavy handes and my drawings come out too dark or
i always mess up badly.

I was really heavy handed at first too. Then, I started using mechanical pencils, and the lead kept breaking, so I lightened up a bit. You may not be THAT heavy handed though. Try using something like a light grey colored pencil or something. Make sure it's easy to erase though.

----
When you copy characters for reference, be sure to note things like perspective, and er... In other words, don't just copy. Try to recreate the picture... Did that make sense?!

Do you mean, don't trace but draw the picture while looking at it? I used to do that all the time. When I used to draw DBZ I looked up pictures on the internet and just drew them for hours. It's a good first step. Reference is an important part of drawing, because you can't draw something you have no clue how to draw, right? For awhile, I wanted to create drawings straight from my head, but after awhile they lacked creativity and that extra umph to make me say "damn, that looks good". I started to reference things from anime and what not, and made my own variations of things I saw.

Some of my drawings are still lacking, but that's what practice is for. Another important thing to remember is to never get discouraged even when things don't come out the way you want them to. That's going to happen for awhile, but keep practicing and eventually you'll notice your improvements. Another thing D-Pad said, to save your old drawings so you can look back at how much you've improved over the years. I still have some of my first drawings saved, and let me tell you, they are a huge source of inspiration for me whenever I doubt my abilities to draw. Even if it's taken me years to get to where I am today, eventually I improved and overcame old slumps. If I've done it before, I can do it again. But, yes, in a nutshell, it's important to stay positive throughout the learning process. Practice as much as you can everyday and I guarantee you you'll see an improvement.

Also just to throw in there, a major source of reference for me when I was learning how to draw muscles was 2d fighting games (i.e. street fighter, king of fighters, ect...)
It's not perfect, but it gives you a basic idea. Besides, most of the characters were hand drawn before they were put into the game anyways.
PurifiedRuiN
PurifiedRuiN

Back to top Go down

Post  animelove Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:44 pm

the charectors i likee are naru, shinibu and that lot from love hina cos i watched every eppisode today and really want them to make more cos it would be really sad if they didn't make more!!!!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
animelove
animelove

Back to top Go down

Post  animelove Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:45 pm

PrinceElvin wrote:A good way to start is copying your favorite characters... and I bet someone will add on to this (add on! Twisted Evil )
i love ur ppic its chi from chobits isn't it
animelove
animelove

Back to top Go down

Post  remenicse Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:01 pm

ill use ur advice thanks dpad

remenicse

Back to top Go down

Post  remenicse Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:02 pm

just so u know i dont copy pictures , it makes me feel like im stealing someome elses art.

remenicse

Back to top Go down

Post  PrinceElvin Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:52 pm

animelove wrote:the charectors i likee are naru, shinibu and that lot from love hina cos i watched every eppisode today and really want them to make more cos it would be really sad if they didn't make more!!!!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

love hina was great lol... I don't think they're going to make more Sad I watched during summer and all the movies too so I had finished it :/
PrinceElvin
PrinceElvin

Back to top Go down

Post  PrinceElvin Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:53 pm

remenicse wrote:just so u know i dont copy pictures , it makes me feel like im stealing someome elses art.

Don't worry about that... if you feel that just put "this is not mine" or something like you would with information.
PrinceElvin
PrinceElvin

Back to top Go down

Post  remenicse Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:05 pm

well i guess theres another reason i dont like copying. i cant claim the drawing to be mine you know like my creation or something you know? when ever i thought about the creation part it took all of the reason out of the drawing when i used to copy

remenicse

Back to top Go down

Post  PrinceElvin Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:06 pm

Nothing wrong with copying their drawings... as long as you don't claim it to be yours. The whole purpose is to get some practice in, that's all.
PrinceElvin
PrinceElvin

Back to top Go down

Post  JiJi Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:06 am

there is a lot of replies on this already BUT! i think that the best way to get really good at drawing anime is to get the fundamentals of the human form first. Drawing figures will help major big time. It might not seem like it has anything to do with anime but it does and will help A LOT with proportions. since you don't have any experience really with drawing it would really be ideal if you were to learn to draw real objects from still life to life to teach your eyes how to look and observe.. that is if you want to get serious about drawing anime nearly pro. All in all it just depends on how serious you are about it and how far you are willing to go to achieve your goal.

(Jiji takes drawing classes....) I think i sound like my teacher >.<

but I dunno some people can learn really fast and really well with just manga tutorials.. but the best ones i see are ones that can technically draw everything..
JiJi
JiJi

Back to top Go down

Post  marts Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:51 am

Well i learned how to draw through practice and NOTHING else... i started off by trying to copy some pics i liked and understanding how were they drawn, how the shadows should look like etc. but i dont know is this the best way to learn to draw so you might want to go with with some books about drawing(like previous posts say)

Oh and if you like Chobits then heres a really nice pic i had on my comp so i uploaded for ya:
i need help badly Tn_Lookingk
Im not saying this is esey... i think its a good pic to start learning and getting used to the face mesurements(as you can see there seems to be some part of hair cut out so i think its a good way to try out drawing hair by filling the unseen parts...) if you want to draw like in Chobits... but maybe at first should come some much more esey pics since this one really is well made pic XD
marts
marts

Back to top Go down

Post  PrinceElvin Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:45 pm

In the old forums, they talked about using mangas (right guys?) to help you start out. Copy your favorite characters to get started and then start to make your own later, and, like JiJi said, you should go with anatomy as well. I myself had to restart because I didn't get the anatomy down first, but it had helped that I knew how to draw some first.
PrinceElvin
PrinceElvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jizzy Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:52 am

I admit, I was heavy handed when i first started. The way i got around it at the start was to buy a good set of Artist Pencils that went up to Grade 4H or even 6H. They are a very light shade, use these to start off with and slowly work your way down the H's. Thats how i got rid of mine. I now use pencils up to 8B, so I need to be very light handed. Cool

Jizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Puu Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:02 pm

Yeah copying dont trace! is a great way to start off! I Look back in my old drawings and I saw a great deal on improvment for practicing hard and copying a drawing. ANd I like ur Suzumiya Haruhi Picture Very Happy She's my gal with Asahina. Im in love with them!
Puu
Puu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum