How To Draw Anime Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eyes

+2
PrinceElvin
Orion
6 posters

Go down

eyes Empty eyes

Post  Orion Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:40 am

hey all new member here

i got a problem with the eyes, when i draw eyes they always suck, how do you guys/girls make your eyes? you completly fill them or what?

Orion

Back to top Go down

eyes Empty Re: eyes

Post  PrinceElvin Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:44 pm

You don't fill the eyes all the way (usually, will get back to this) because you will want to have a light reflection somewhere (where the light will shine from). Guys tend to have smaller reflection than girls. If you want to draw a girl's eye, you should have more eye lashes and thinner eyebrows. Copying other eyes can help because they will show you different kinds of eyes you can make.

Filling all the way in is mainly used to show a character as nonliving or being controlled.
PrinceElvin
PrinceElvin

Back to top Go down

Post  JiJi Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:35 am

I don't usually fill my eyes at all if i'm just sketching or drawing if i color then yes.. but other wise typically no unless i'm trying to do some serious penciling. but other than the pupils and probably the ridges of the eyes and stuff thats a no..

i don't explain things well here is what i mean... eyes Eye
JiJi
JiJi

Back to top Go down

Post  marts Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:58 am

Well i dont fill my eyes... cuz as much as ive seen i think that eye looks more... how should i say... "lifelike" when it has both light and dark tones... look closely at some good pics eyes and try using them for your drawings... i thikn with training youll get how it works...
marts
marts

Back to top Go down

Post  Kichiru Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:18 pm

there are actually MANY variety of eyes that artists draw depending on the artist!
You should experiment to see which ones you like. Then practice drawing them and who knows- maybe you'll create your own anime-eye-syle :D
Kichiru
Kichiru

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Angels_Shoebox/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  anime dude Tue May 06, 2008 9:30 am

hey wats up I'm new here and I wanted to know how to draw womens eyes.
anime dude
anime dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum